Summary of the parish council meeting held Tuesday 2nd January…
- Finances for the 2024/25 financial year, starting 1st April 2024. Councillors approved the budget, facing up to cost increases across the board and principally the overheads for staffing, administration and maintenance.
- In monetary terms, the impact of this budget on the council tax Band D payment for Finstall parish residents, will be an increase of £13.11 to £40.81 for the year which translates to an extra 25p per week.
- In percentage terms this is an increase of 47.3% for Finstall residents to take effect from 1st April 2024.
- For reference the national Band D parish average is currently £79.35.
- Reminder that Walnut Lane will be closed on 16th January for works to the water mains.
- Plans for distributing the SmartWater kits have yet to be confirmed. The village hall will be used as a distribution point. All to be advertised via the Finstall Focus newsletter.
- A Biodiversity Policy has been adopted and we are to encourage everyone to be mindful of the local ecosystems and living sustainably.
- We also adopted a Grant Awarding Policy and application form.
- Mindful of the never-decreasing number of speeding vehicles, we are to ask the county councillor for support in the provision of flashing speed awareness signs.
The draft minutes of this meeting are available on this site under ‘ Meetings – Agendas and Minutes’.