This is a summary of what was discussed at the parish council meeting on Tuesday.
- PCSOs from the Safer Neighbourhood Team, Jane and Johnathan, were pleased to report there was not much to report, although speed checks on local roads are ongoing.
- There was no objection to the planning application at The Piggery, Dusthouse Lane which proposes construction of a new barn style dwelling.
- Members were notified of a new application received that day for a garage extension to Crossbrook House, Dusthouse Lane and will comment before 29th December.
- The council’s finances were summarised (as at 26/11/2023 there was £19,082.52 in the bank) and payments for November/December agreed.
- The Clerk’s pay has been uprated in keeping with the national pay award for council staff and the Chairman’s Allowance was discussed.
- Various items of correspondence were reviewed, including news of support for community buildings to install sustainable energy.
- Decisions were taken to:
- …….. fund the roll-out of SmartWater kits (a burglary deterrent) for Finstall households – watch this space for more details of how to get your kit.
- …….. find a Parish Tree Warden. Do you know anyone who would like to volunteer for this role? More information is available from the Tree Council.
- …….. adopt several policies to guide the council when making decisions – see this website’s policies page for more information.
- …….. set the date of the next Annual Parish Meeting as Thursday 4th April 2024. This is the meeting for residents to talk, it’s not a council meeting.
- …….. seek advice on tree maintenance at the allotments.
- …….. agree the budget and set the precept at the next parish council meeting, Tuesday 2nd January 2024.
The draft minutes of this meeting are available on this site under ‘Meetings – Agendas and Minutes’.